Friday, September 2, 2011

Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial using Maybelline Chai Latte quad

Hi guys, I am super excited as this is my first ever EOTD tutorial!!! It did take a lot of time and effort to click the pictures while I was doing my makeup...but I feel it's all worth it :) 
The eye makeup that I did for this tutorial is my favorite one and I do it almost every time I am going out to the mall or movies or to just hang out with friends.It a very neutral and subtle makeup and the products that I have used are easily available in the market and I have mentioned substitute products also for the ones which are not easily available. Hope this helps you guys and if it does, please please please let me know so that I can start making more tutorials like this....^_____^


Products used - 
- ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
- Maybelline "Chai Latte" Quad
- ELF Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner "Black Ink"

Tools used - 
- QVS Slanted Brush
- Ambika Pillai Applicator Brush
- ELF Blending Eye Brush
- Ambika Pillai Blending Brush
- Ambika Pillai Precision Brush
- QVS Eyelash Curler
- Vega Eye Groomer Brush

Now let's begin ^____^


STEP 1-
Take an eye shadow primer and apply on the lids. You don't need much, just tiny dabs would do the trick.After dabbing the primer on the lids, use your finger to blend it out.
Primer helps to bring out a more vibrant color of the shadow and helps it to stay longer without creasing or fading. If you don't have one, you can skip this step or use a tiny bit of concealer instead.



STEP 2-
Fill in your brows. It's a very crucial step at least for me, it pulls the whole look together and makes you look more polished and kinda put together. I use the outer corner color of the Chai Latte Quad. Apply the shadow with a slanted brush and fix them with a brow mascara.




STEP 3- 
Apply the Brow Bone color using an applicator brush, you can use the brush that comes with the quad also. Apply it on the brow bone and the inner corner. This will help brighten up your eyes.


STEP 4-
Now apply the lid color onto the lids with any good brush.


STEP 5-
Take the same brush and apply the outer corner color into the crease of your eyelids creating a V shape.



STEP 6- 
Blend blend blend!! but use a clean brush to blend as it will give a more cleaner look. If you use the same brush that you used to apply the crease color then the color would get all over the place.



STEP 7-
Use a Precision Brush to apply the outer corner color on the lower lids. Kinda pull the color down from the extreme outer corner of your eyes.


And now that you are done with applying eye shadow, use a large fluffy brush to remove all the fall outs from your cheeks.


STEP 8- 
Line your upper lids and the waterline. I am using Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, you can also use Maybelline Gel Liner.




STEP 9-
Curl your lashes using an eyelash curler.


STEP 10 - 
Apply a lengthening mascara( Lancome Definicils Waterproof) to the upper lashes and follow with a volumizing mascara( Maybelline Colossal Volume Waterproof). 


Apply on the lower lashes as well.And comb it out using an eye groomer brush.



And you're DONE!!!!


Before and After :P


I enjoyed doing this tutorial so much! Did you guys find it helpful? Should I do more tutorial or should I stop? :P Also, all suggestions are welcome!!