Sunday, August 7, 2011

Review: MAC Impassioned (Amplified) Lipstick

First of all, let me confess....I feel stupid smiling at the camera on self-timer...Hats off to the bloggers who do it with so much poise! Nevertheless, I will keep practicing till I master the art.Wish me luck!


I have a story behind this lipstick, I wanted a hot pink lippie since March and I wanted "Girl About Town" or "Hot Pink" by NYX...One day my sister who lives in Mumbai went to NYX counter.She asked me if I wanted anything and I asked her to check if Hot pink was available having very thin hopes (I have been to that store in Mumbai and they DO NOT HAVE a good collection) but coincidentally, Hot Pink was available and being over excited, I asked her to get it for me.When I received the lippie, I was even happier coz the color was exactly what I wanted. After few days of gloating over it, I finally used it one day. And I WAS DISSAPOINTED!! The color was so sheer and too neon!!!! Even on applying 3-4 coats, the color kept sliding on my lips...ugggh! Now I desperately wanted Girl About Town but since I was at my hometown, there was no MAC store available. But as soon as I reached back to Delhi, I rushed to a MAC Counter to buy Girl About Town but when I tried it on, it somehow didn't look good on me! I guess, it was too blue toned for my skin type. I was sooooo dissapointed but then the SA offered me Impassioned, I was still upset and half-heartedly tried the lippie and OMG!! This was the color!!! The perfect hot pink!!!! I bought it without any second thoughts and mahn, I am glad I did!After a month, I still can't get enough of it!he he...

Okay now, onto the review.....

MAC Impassioned Lipstick is a full on Amplified Creme Lipstick and gives a very opaque finish in one swipe.
MAC describes it to be Amped-up fuchsia and I agree with this description. It is bang-on the trend of fuchsia pink lips!




Price - Rs.990/-

What I like about this lipstick:
- The color!!! Perfect hot pink...!!!
- Quite moisturizing, I do not apply any gloss over it.
- Long Lasting...well, it's MAC so, OBVIOUSLY!
- The color do not budge at all, even if it fades, it leaves a strong tint.
- No need to apply any lip liner underneath.
- Color pay-off is amazing!and buildable...

What I don't like about this lipstick:
- well. NOTHING :P

Swatches: Left - 1 swipe, Right - 3 swipes

Lip Swatch

I feel my camera is not doing justice to the color...so click HERE for a more accurate swatch.Yes, that's how neon this lippie is!!!